segunda-feira, 29 de setembro de 2008

cat on a hot tin roof


maggie: why are you looking at me like that?
brick: like what, maggie?
maggie: like you were just lookin'.
brick: I wasn't conscious of lookin' at you, maggie.
maggie: (seductively) I was conscious of it. (he coldly turns from her and rises on his crutches) if you were thinkin' the same thing I was...
brick: no, maggie.
maggie: why not?!
brick: will you please keep your voice down.
maggie: no! I know you better than you think. I've seen that look before. and I know what it used to mean. and it still means the same thing now.
brick: you're not the same woman now, maggie.
maggie: oh, don't you think I know that? don't you think I know that...
brick: (cooly detached) know what, maggie?
maggie: that I've gone through this horrible transformation, that I've become hard and frantic and cruel...oh brick, I get so lonely.
brick: everybody gets that.
maggie: living with somebody you love can be lonelier than living entirely alone - if the one you love doesn't love you.
brick: ...would you like to live alone, maggie?
maggie: no! no, I wouldn't.

Sem comentários: